19th Biennial International Conference on Nineteenth-Century Music
11-13 July 2016 – Faculty of Music, University of Oxford
The 19th Biennial International Conference on Nineteenth-Century Music will take place from 11-13 July at the Faculty of Music, University of Oxford. Keynote lectures will be delivered by Professor Daniel Chua (University of Hong Kong) and Professor Jessica Gienow-Hecht (Freie Universität Berlin).
Registration now open – please follow this link: Register now
There is no accommodation available at the Faculty of Music itself, but the following B&B options are available to delegates.
1. You can book accommodation with Merton College using their online form at http://www.merton.ox.ac.uk/conferences/bedrooms please enter MUSIC2016 to the promotion code box.
2. If you only need Monday and Tuesday night accommodation St Anne’s college has some rooms available which are bookable at this address: http://www.st-annes.ox.ac.uk/conferences/accommodation/bed-breakfast-accommodation NB do not follow the link to the ‘conferences accommodation’ as this is only for conferences held at St Anne’s. The booking form on this page is the correct one.
3. You can book a college room of your choice from this search engine: http://www.conference-oxford.com/bb-self-catering (if this link doesn’t work take the following steps: a) google ‘conference Oxford’ b) click the first link c) select the ‘B&B’ tab at the top right hand side of the page).
4. You can follow this link: http://www.universityrooms.com/en/city/oxford/home
5. There are a number of independent bed and breakfasts on the Abingdon Road (which is very convenient for the Music Faculty), also a hotel Oxford Spires Four Pillars http://www.oxfordspireshotel.co.uk/ and a brand new Travelodge https://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/599/Oxford-Abingdon-Road-hotel a short bus ride from town.
Philip Bullock, Barbara Eichner, Daniel Grimley, Anna Stoll Knecht, Laura Tunbridge, Benjamin Walton
For queries and further information please email the conference administrator Emily Tan at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty of Music, University of Oxford