Alumni Relations Assistant – Internship
The Faculty of Music is looking to recruit an Alumni Relations Assistant intern to support the Faculty’s alumni engagement programme.
Responsibilities will include assisting the Events and Communications Officer and other members of the Faculty in communicating with alumni via telephone, face-to-face, email and post, providing event support at alumni events, and responding to queries from alumni. The post-holder will also be expected to maintain and develop content on the Faculty’s website and social media, and to engage knowledgeably with alumni and other stakeholders as a key part of the role.
The successful candidate will have good IT skills, particularly in MS Office. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to deal with a range of tasks and deadlines. The successful candidate will be familiar with the Faculty’s musical and academic life, and able to communicate it well to alumni.
This is an excellent learning opportunity and will offer the post holder a chance to network with alumni. Training will be offered.
It is expected that the successful candidate will work the equivalent of 1 day per week in the Performance and Events Office, although during busier times more hours may be required.
The post will be offered for 12 weeks in the first instance.
The successful candidate will be expected to attend alumni events that may take place during the evening or at weekends.
The rate of pay would be £11.60 per hour.
- Follow up with alumni who have contacted the Faculty, responding to general enquires as appropriate
- Work with the Events and Communications Officer to schedule alumni events, including room booking, catering, and travel and accommodation arrangements for visiting speakers
- Work with the Events and Communications Officer to connect with alumni for events when appropriate
- Work with the Events and Communications Officer to advertise Faculty events to alumni
- Work with the Events and Communications Officer to produce engaging content on the Faculty’s alumni page and across social media
- Assist the Events and Communications Officer in producing content for the Faculty’s annual alumni magazine
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the grading of the post
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of organising events and making administrative arrangements
- Good familiarity with the Faculty’s musical and academic life
- Ability to deal with a range of tasks and to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative, with a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Computer literate including excel, word processing and relevant social media platforms
- Interest in music
- Experience of using a database
- Writing and proofreading experience
Please send a CV and a short statement of interest (no more than 600 words) to email@example.com by Thursday 29 November.
Interviews will take place in 9th week (Monday 3 December – Thursday 6 December).