Call for Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS: OCIICSC 2020
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for individual papers, lecture recitals, or group presentations (20 minutes + 10 minutes for Q&A), panel discussions (4×10-minute communications followed by 20 minutes of Q&A), or posters (A3 Poster + 7-minute lightening presentation – ideal for undergraduate and masters student research) on the following and other topics related to conducting.
|– Leadership, power and authority
– Critical approaches to pedagogy and mentorship
– Verbal and non-verbal communication
– Critical views on repertoire and programming
– Enterprise, responsibility and accountability
– The rehearsal and performance process
– Students, amateurs and professionals
|– Historical views
– Aesthetics of conducting
– Health and wellbeing
– Views from the podium
– Movement and gesture
Please submit as follows via email attachment to email@example.com including name, institution (if applicable), email address and AV requirements
- Individual Presentation/Recital: A 200-word abstract and 200-word biography
- Group Presentation: A 200-word abstract and 200-word biography for each presenter
- Panel Discussion: A 300-word topic proposal with overall rationale, a 200-word Chair’s biography, and a list of panellists who have agreed to participate.
- Poster: A 200-word abstract and 200-word biography
Deadline for the receipt of abstracts is Monday 25 November 2019 (midnight GMT) Notification of acceptance will be sent by the end of December.