Call for Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS: OCIICSC 2020
PROPOSALS FOR POSTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 1 MARCH 2020. Please see below for submission information and guidelines.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for individual papers, lecture recitals, or group presentations (20 minutes + 10 minutes for Q&A), panel discussions (4×10-minute communications followed by 20 minutes of Q&A), or posters (A3 Poster + 7-minute lightening presentation – ideal for undergraduate and masters student research) on the following and other topics related to conducting.
The OCI International Conducting Studies Conference seeks to promote original scholarship and research into all facets of conducting. Proposals for presentations should clearly articulate the research background, methodology, scope and limitations of any proposed topic. Presentations should go beyond a demonstration clinic, lecture or ‘how to’ session, while practical and/or ‘hands-on’ aspects may form a component of any presentation.
|– Leadership, power and authority- Critical approaches to pedagogy and mentorship
– Verbal and non-verbal communication
– Critical views on repertoire and programming
– Enterprise, responsibility and accountability
– The rehearsal and performance process
– Students, amateurs and professionals
|– Historical views- Gender
– Aesthetics of conducting
– Health and wellbeing
– Views from the podium
– Movement and gesture
Please submit as follows via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org including name, institution (if applicable), email address and AV requirements
- Individual Presentation/Recital: A 200-word abstract and 200-word biography
- Group Presentation: A 200-word abstract and 200-word biography for each presenter
- Panel Discussion: A 300-word topic proposal with overall rationale, a 200-word Chair’s biography, and a list of panellists who have agreed to participate.
- Poster: A 200-word abstract and 200-word biography
Deadline for the receipt of abstracts is Monday 25 November 2019 (midnight GMT) Notification of acceptance will be sent by the end of December.