Call for Papers
Papers are encouraged from any discipline, including, but not limited to: musicology, ethnomusicology, music education, philosophy, psychology, anthropology and sociology as well as from practitioners. Publication opportunities for select presentations from OCICSC 2016 and OCIICSC 2018 are currently being explored.
The theme for OCIICSC 2018 is:
The rehearsal process: historical and contemporary perspectives
However, all topics are welcome and researchers and practitioners are invited to submit proposals for individual papers (20min+ 10min for questions), as well as themed and panel sessions (90min including discussion) on the following and other topics related to conducting:
– Critical approaches to pedagogy and mentorship
– Leadership, power and authority
– Verbal and non-verbal communication
– Critical views on repertoire and programming
– Enterprise, responsibility and accountability
– The rehearsal and performance process
– Students, amateurs and professionals
– Historical views
– Aesthetics of conducting
– Health and wellbeing
– Views from the podium
– Movement and gesture
Name, institution (if applicable), email address and A/V requirementsPlease submit the following information as an email attachment to Dr Cayenna Ponchione-Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Individual papers: 200-word abstract and a 200-word biography
- Themed and panel sessions: one 400-word abstract to include descriptions of the contributions of all speakers and 200-word biographies for each speaker
—Deadline for the receipt of abstracts is Monday, 13 November 2017 by midnight GMT.—
Late proposals will not be accepted.
Notification of acceptance will be sent by early December 2017.